Saturday, January 9

the beef tongue-update

Well, it just looked weird in the crock pot all day.  And when it was fully cooked and tender, I had my husband take it out.  He took the tough skin or membrane or whatever it is off and then diced the tongue for our tacos.

The meat was super tender and tasty.  Think about it...very lean and great texture.  It's all muscle!  And everyone sampled it.  Everyone even had a taco.  The girls followed that up with lots of water and a been and cheese burrito!

As for Spinner's question, no taste buds because that outer skin is gone.  It just LOOKS icky at first.  Then it's fine.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yep! Just as I suspected! Have someone else cook it for you and then eat the end result! That's what deli's are for! lol

You are such a brave girl!!!

Spinner said...

Okay. I think I'm going to try it. If you can do it, I can do it, right? I'll post some pics.